In-person Practice Information:
Our office is located at:
72 Ross Street, Unit 7-02, Barrie Ontario, L4N 1G3 by appointment only.
Virtual Practice Information:
We refer to virtual practice here as using any technology to do therapy (telephone or video chat). The video option is preferred, and we have had clients give feedback that they preferred this as well. However, it is not for everyone. The in-person option is usually the best, but during these difficult times we have had to make adjustments. In the video option the therapist and client(s) can still see each other; therefore much of the non-verbal communication is maintained (depending on how much can be seen). It is alright if you do not feel comfortable with this or you do not have the technological means to handle a video session.
Important – Please Read: There are some limitations when communicating with technology. Even though we have taken the steps to try to ensure privacy, the same guarantee of confidentiality in person cannot be provided through virtual means because the inherent flaws in technology.
You can take steps on your side to ensure your privacy, which includes the following:
1) Having your computer, tablet or phone up to date with the latest security patches, not downloading unknown software, maintaining a anti-malware/anti-virus software on your devices.
2) Engaging in secure password practices (ie. having passwords that others cannot guess and changing them frequently).
3) Finding a safe location with secure internet.
4) Having the session in a place where no one else in within earshot or eyesight.
5) Being in a stationary and safe place. To note: Sessions cannot be conducted if you are operating any moving vehicle.
Turner Tucker Psychotherapy uses the Jane app to provide virtual visits to clients. Jane app is a secure encrypted video chat that is PHIPA compliant. Face-to-face video chats are never recorded and remain between the clinician and the client.
Technical Requirements for using Jane app:
- A stable and high-speed internet connection
- A computer with Google Chrome, a webcam, microphone and speakers or headphones. Note: If you do not have Google Chrome you can download it for free.
- An iPhone or iPad with the Jane App from the App Store.
- An Andriod device with Google Chrome.
Please note that the Jane App video, like all encrypted video that is PHIPA compliant, uses a significant amount of data. Please ensure that if you are using wi-fi or your cellular wireless providers service that you are in a location that has strong reception (full bars).
If you choose, the sessions can be completed by telephone. You will be contacted at the time of the appointment.
If there are any technical issues before your session, please don’t hesitate to contact our office to troubleshoot. If a session cannot be completed by video for some reason it can be done by phone.