- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario #3547
- Canadian Certified Counselor #7933
- Bachelors of Arts, Honours degree in Psychology. Laurentian University 2009
- Masters in Counselling Psychology, University of Calgary 2013.
I have been practicing as a therapist since 2012. I have worked in school boards and in community mental health agencies as a Psychotherapist and Psychometrist.
My approach to therapy utilizes an attachment, trauma and cognitive explanations to human emotional, physical and behavioural suffering. Each individual client is different; therefore I customize every approach and intervention to the needs of each individual. With clients I provide a non-oppressive environment, which is free of judgement to allow one the space to do the work they have come to do.
My post graduate academic work has mainly focused on Mindfulness, Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Trauma informed therapy and Attachment based interventions.
I tend to use the types of therapies below; however I am versed in many different techniques.
- Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Therapies
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Attachment Based Therapies
Areas I specialize in:
- Problematic Anger, Jealously and Envy
- Disorders of the Personality (Specifically; Borderline, Histrionic, Dependent, Passive Aggressive, and Narcissistic)
- Complex Post-traumatic Stress /Borderline tendencies
- Emotional dysregulation issues
- Difficulties with attention
- Grief/Complicated Grief
- Guilt and Shame
- Low self-esteem/self-worth/body-image
- Disruptive Relational Behaviour
- Post-traumatic Stress
- Insomnia/ Difficulty Sleeping
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of Relationship, Separation and Divorce
- Suicidal Ideation/ Behaviour